3 cups bread flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup acorn flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup water
3 Tbsp applesauce
1 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1 Tbsp vital wheat gluten
- Mix all the wet ingredients well, (warm, where possible)
- Add the dry ingredients, and knead for 10 min. Add additional bread flour or wheat flour if necessary to keep the dough from sticking to your hands or table.
- Let rise in warm place for a couple of hours until the dough nearly doubles in size.
- Punch the dough down and break up into small roll size balls. Roll in little circles on table top or cutting board until nice round shape is achieved, while cupping your hand over/around the ball so the top gets stretched out more than the underside.
- Grease two round cake pans or other pan using your hand, and then roll that greasy hand over the tops of the rolls so they are oily. Cover with a warm damp cloth and let rise for 2-3 hours or until rolls have risen but not collapsed.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 min or so, just until the tops brown.
Credit: E. Cleveland, 2015.