No Knead Acorn Bread
Makes 3 loaves
3 cups white flour
2 cups acorn flour
1 1/4 cups rye flour
1 1/2 Tbsp yeast
1 1/2 Tbsp salt
2 Tbsp molasses
3 cups lukewarm water
2 cups seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, chia, sesame or nuts and fruit)
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a 6-qt bowl.
- Make a well in center of flour, and add molasses and water.
- Mix. The dough should come together easily. If it doesn't, add a bit more water.
- Cover bowl with a wet towel and let rise 2 hours in a warm spot.
1) Place in fridge w/ loose lid up to 10 days, or
2) Take grapefruit-sized or larger ball of dough and form into round or oval loaf, slash 3x, and dust with flour. Place on cornmeal-covered board and let rest 40 minutes.
- Place baking stone in cold oven and preheat to 450F.
- Place a baking dish underneath the baking stone and when bread is ready to be baked, add 1 cup hot water to the dish. Place bread on baking stone and bake 33 minutes.
- Remove bread to wire rack and let cool completely before slicing.
Credit: J. Londa, 2016.